Thank you for visiting A&D Birth Doulas are not currently taking clients.
Congratulations on your up coming birth! The journey that you are about to begin is exciting and ever changing. A birth doula can be an irreplaceable resource during this time for information, support and comfort. It is a great honor to be a part of such a significant time in a woman’s life. Please feel free to explore this website and utilize any resources you find helpful. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
A Doula is someone who...
- Provides continuous emotional support throughout labor
- Facilitates use of labor support techniques
- Assists with birth plan and acquiring resources
- Helps achieve desired birth environment
- Reduce the need for an epidural, pitocin and other narcotics
- Shorten labor
- Decrease the need for Caesarean sections, forceps delivery or vacuum extraction
- Increase breast-feeding success
- Improve your outlook on your birth
- Increase your self-confidence
- 2-3 Prenatal visits
- Presence throughout labor and delivery at home or in the hospital
- 1 postpartum visit
- Availability by phone and email 24/7 before and after the birth
- Nutritional guidance if requested